CMIB is currently working on the development of better patient selection and risk stratification in these areas:
- Better characterise the faulty valves, and how they impact the heart.
- Prediction of recurrence of atrial fibrillation after ablation.
- Better characterise the phenotype of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and predict its adverse clinical outcomes.
- Better understanding of the aetiology and stage of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Prediction of positive responders to cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Better stratification of subjects with aortic stenosis.
- Better characterisation of the impact of a premature birth or a restricted growth in the placenta.